Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Final Drawing

Scaled plans, elevations, and sections are drawings that depict a building or an urban lanscape at a smaller size than true size.

My initial idea of the final drawing is landslip (see mock up). when I first see this building, I am inspired by the location and the bridge, and imagine when the landslip happened, everything is sliping from the mountain, people and all the animals are running , but suddenly see an red object, oh! its a bridge! which between the danger and hope, this is the main function of a home, to protect people from risk, to provide safty. I was planning to put my plans and sections on the lanscape, like objects sinking in the mud. But at the end i found it looks too big, the middle of the drawing becomes too busy so i rearrange them, let them sit quitely on my top and bottom pages.

The focal point on this drawing is the combination of the 3D drawing and 2D elevation. The elevation is used as the shadow of the 3D drawing, I think it is the most successful part. The brick of the elevation took a long long time to finish.




No comments: